Tuesday, October 27, 2009

SVG Independence

Happy 30th Birthday, SVG!

"St. Vincent Land So Beautiful"

(Verse 1)
St. Vincent land so beautiful
With joyful hearts we pledge to thee
Our loyalty and love and vow
To keep you ever free.

(Chorus)
Whate're the future brings
Our faith will keep us through.
May peace reign from shore to shore
And God bless and keep us true.

(Verse 2)
Hairoun, our fair and blessed isle
Your mountains high so clear and green
Are home to me though I may stray
A haven, calm serene.

(Verse 3)
Our little sister islands are
Those gems the lovely Grenadines
Upon their seas and golden sands
The sunshine ever beams.

*Note* The video only plays through the first verse and chorus. If you want to try singing it yourself (you know, to get the full effect), you'll have to hit play 3 times.

3 comments:

Cindi (aka iring) said...

Hi Shelby! I listened to the anthem! Thanks for posting! Good luck with your run, yikes, 10k?! Get those kids reading, you are setting a good example. Go for it! I think you can make 100 books!
Now, as I told Stacy, glad you posted ... now we need more pictures! I know, internet is slow and you like to spend your time catching up on all of your friends ... Take Care! Love, Stacy's mom

Unknown said...

Shelby...I am an expatriate Vincie...born there in 1954. My parents worked with Baptist Mid Missions and John. P. Eustace was a personal family friend. If Gracie is still around ask her about the Henry family and Larry. I am Larry. My father was on the Board of Regents of Emmanuel in the early and mid 1970s. My parents founded the Bible School in Prospect.
http://www.bbccaribbean.org/

I grerw up on it's campus. Lived on campus from 1962 to 1972. At that time my family returned me to the US against my will. I was 18 then. I now live in Scottsburg Indiana.

Enjoy your time in SVG as you will never see anything like it again.
SVG is still the home of my heart.
Larry Henry - Reply to: ( lawrenceehenry@verizon.net )http://mysite.verizon.net/res11u8h0/

Unknown said...

Hi Shelby-- I just fell upon your blog. I was a PVC- SVG - EC group #39! That was 25 years ago! I loved looking at your thoughts and experiences and reliving my time there for a moment. I was 23 years old when I arrived to work for Girl Guides in Kingstown teaching school leavers. If you know anyone from Nelson Bloc - say Hi for me. To this day - my experiences there- the moments, the friendships and the joy are the highlights of my life. I also ran daily-- from Villa to Prospect! and swam to Young Island after! Enjoy and embrace the moments- I wish I could do it all again. Thanks for creating a blog that helps me feel a part of it all again. one love, grace