Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Parent's Visit

My parents flew out early this morning. I think they really enjoyed their visit to St. Vincent. They were only here for a week, so we didn't get to do nearly as much as we wanted, I guess that's how it goes. We spent 5 days in Bequia, the closest Grenadine to St. Vincent. We stayed in this really charming apartment called The Nest. The complex is called The Three Trees and it's made of three apartments stacked on top of each other, kind of like a tree trunk. Each apartment has a wrap around wooden veranda with amazing views of Port Elizabeth. It was nice to wake up and have coffee with a view before the daily tourist-ing. One of our tourist-ing activites was a sailing expedition to Mustique, another Grenadine. We went on this boat called the Friendship Rose. It was built in the 40s to carry cargo between St. Vincent and Bequia, but has recently been refurbished to carry tours between the Grenadines. The man who built it is still the captain! It took us a little over an hour to sail to Mustique, where we de-boated and explored the small island. Turns out, not that much to explore. We walked through all the shops, had ice-cream and collected sea-shells...then we still had a couple of hours to kill before lunch! I guess Mustique isn't treasured for it's activity!
Back in St. Vincent, we got a chance to walk around and my parents met some of my friends here. I was happy for them to see my community and understand more of what I do. I think they return today with good memories and a better understanding of life in Mespo.

No comments: